At Fundación Letty Coppel we care about what happens to people, their surroundings, and their development.
We believe that the family is the pillar for society. Family is the place where protection and support schemes are established for each person, which may vary according to the environment and the system in which each person grows up.
One of our priorities, as in many foundations in Mexico dedicated to social assistance, is the identification, diagnosis and orientation of the issues that are affecting a community and their development, so that they can lead to a higher standard of living by planning and executing social assistance programs.
As a priority, one of our duties has been to implement consensus-based lines of work and projects that balance the level of their demands with our capacity to respond as a foundation. We listen to the people, set goals, and work closely together to achieve results from our social programs towards the positive development of our community.
Our summer workshop is a play and learning space where children between 5 and 11 years old participate in different activities. The primary contents of each of the workshops are deepened and enriched entertainingly to foster meaningful learning that promotes dialogue, imagination, and children’s experiences.
- Promote the ability to concentrate, make decisions, creativity, attention, logical-mathematical reasoning, responsibility and emotional control.
- Encourage students through sensations and relationships between the body and the outside world.
- Develop their perception capacity through the knowledge of their body’s movements and responses.
- Develop physical and mental skills through signs, symbols, graphics, both real and imaginary objects.
- Empowering children to discover and express their abilities through creative action and emotional expression.
In collaboration with the Municipal DIF of Los Cabos and Mazatlán, the Letty Coppel Foundation conducts campaigns, talks, and lectures on breast cancer, self-examination, and self-care to create awareness on this crucial topic while simultaneously breaking taboos and fostering a culture of cancer prevention and treatment for women.
At the Letty Coppel Foundation and due to our close links with the Women’s Institute of Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlán, as a social assistance organization in Mexico, we support women whose circumstances do not allow them to live and flourish fully, as they live under the specter of violence, the constant threat of hunger, abandonment, and misery.
In response to this painful reality, we assist women who have been victims of any of these forms of mistreatment. And in response of this reality, we execute actions and social programs that enable the construction of gender equity.
- We accompany women in their self-reconstructive process, empowering their spirit and providing them with training and employment tools to achieve their financial autonomy as well as their safety while protecting them from any violence that threatens their lives (physical, sexual, psychological, or financial).
- We run awareness campaigns while working with groups of women at risk and reach out to society to create a culture of respect while informing and training new generations so that they acquire a social awareness that allows a healthy development for all women.
Fundación Letty Coppel delivers a Mobile Medical Unit, the only one of its kind in Baja California Sur to provide health-oriented social programs for the benefit of families in our communities.
This unit will provide free medical services such as:
- Pap smear test
- Physician consultation
- Dental consultation
We work closely with local Health Authorities and DIF, under the figure of a Foundation in its Registry of Civil Organizations in Mexico, so that through these organizations, social and health programs are carried out in a committed and responsible manner to the most in need communities in Los Cabos.